Sittingwell Ltd are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information includes:
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website.
- In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
- Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information; joins our newsletter list or makes a purchase. Examples of such information include your name, phone number, address and email address.
- Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
Any information we collect is used in the following ways:
- For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
- To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- Information submitted via the Sittingwell Ltd shop may be passed to a third party for the purpose of order fulfilment.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website
- We (or a third party on our behalf in connection with an order/promotion, or a fulfilment house) may use the information provided to contact you;
We do not currently, nor do we ever intend to rent, sell and market personal data about you to third parties.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. We do not hold any information regarding card payment details, all transactions are done securely through the Sage Pay gateway, or via iZettle secure terminal if taken in person, e.g. at an event or exhibition.
SECURITY OF DATA TRANSMISSION
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. For this reason, users are asked not to submit or send by email, confidential information such as credit card numbers and other confidential details, unless specifically asked to do so by Sittingwell Ltd.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Details submitted via the Sittingwell.co.uk shop checkout are sent via a secure and protected channel. Always look out for HTTPS in your browser to ensure your personal information is being sent through a secure and protected channel.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
You may find links to third party web sites on the Sittingwell Ltd web site. These web sites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website and these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site. Alternatively, you may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, or post. Our phone number is 01189 402502, or you can e-mail us via the contact us page on the website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will aim to inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If you have opened an account with us you can access your personal data at any time by logging into your account. It is up to you to ensure your personal contact details are up to date. We may email from time to time to check we have the most up to date information for you.
If you have signed up to a newsletter then you have the right to unsubscribe at any time. This can be done through the unsubscribe option at the bottom of each newsletter we send out.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. Any request should be sent to:
Lorna or Rachael Kennard-Wall
Horsey View Farm,
Email us via the contact us page or call 01935 507910
Registered Company Address:
Horsey View Farm,
Company registration number 7477148